Founded in 1871 as a normal school for teachers, the University of Central Missouri now offers over 150 degree programs and has over 11,000 undergraduate and graduate students. Ninety-two (92) percent of students obtain jobs within 6 months of graduation.
Fields of study include nursing, aviation, business and technology. The university also prides itself in generous financial support and scholarships available to incoming, current, transfer, international and graduate students in addition to federal financial aid.
Overview of Programs, Certificates, and Degrees
- Offers 1 online bachelors, 2 online masters degree in nursing, and several non-credit certificate programs
- FAFSA (federal financial aid) accepted
Online Nursing and Health Care Degrees Review
Online programs at University of Central Missouri offer comprehensive learning opportunities for nurses of all levels whether pursuing a bachelor’s degree or post-graduate certification.
Online Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
The online RN to BSN offers the opportunity to gain advanced skills and knowledge to pursue career options in settings including public health, home health, nursing management, program planning, and health teaching. Courses in the program including Assessment Across the Lifespan, Advanced Concepts of Wellness for RNs and Socio-Economic Factors Impacting Health.
Duration and Cost
Students can complete the program in 1 to 4 years depending on if they choose to enroll full or part-time. Tuition is $251.30 per credit hour. Approximately 30 credit hours are required for the program depending how many credit hours are transferred in.
Online Master’s Degree in Nursing
Online Master of Science in Nursing degree programs are available with a Rural Family Nursing or Nurse Educator specialization. While the Nurse Educator Specialization may be completed entirely online, the Rural Family Nursing specialization requires students complete clinical trials in Missouri. Core courses in the master’s program include Theories of Nursing, Contemporary Issues in Health Care Delivery and Nursing and Nursing Research.
Duration and Cost
The course requires 32 to 44 credit hours. Tuition is $307 per credit hour.
Online Certificates in Nursing
The following non-credit certificates are available to assist nurses in advancing their career education:
- Legal Nursing Consulting- This certificate will assist nurse in providing legal counsel to lawyers on nursing matters. The course is $93 and requires 24 hours of instruction.
- Legal and Ethical Issues in Nursing provides nurses with advanced instruction in key legal and ethical issues to provide better patient care. The course is $149 and has 23 contact hours of instruction.
Both courses may be completed online and within 6 weeks of program enrollment.
A faculty mentor assists nursing students in planning a course to meet their individualized goals and needs for the program.
Things to consider:
- The program is only open to students residing in the United States.
- Specific admission application deadlines for master’s program, verify dates an apply accordingly.
- Nursing degree programs are not accredited by a nursing body.
The University of Central Missouri is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. The online certificate programs are delivered by ALLEGRA Learning Solutions, LLC which is accredited by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
University of Central Missouri
School of Graduate & Extended Studies
Warrensburg, MO 64093