Founded over 100 years ago by directors of the YMCA, Northeastern University is now the largest private higher education institution in Boston. With eight colleges (arts, business, computer, engineering, health, professional studies, science and social sciences and humanities) and a School of Law, Northeastern has grown from its humble beginnings as a parochial school, “Evening Institute for Young Men.”
Northeastern University strives to provide experiential global opportunities and is known for its co-op program and focus on providing hands on experience and opportunities for its student in research, study abroad, service learning and co-op placements.
Overview of Programs, Certificates and Degrees
- 1 online bachelor’s degree program is offered.
- A comprehensive program of undergraduate to graduate level and certificate programs are offered through the School of Nursing on the main campus.
- Courses can be completed part-time or full-time (up to 7 years).
Online Nursing Degrees Review
The online RN to BSN program is offered through Northeastern University’s college of professional studies. The Bouvé College of Health Sciences at Northeastern University is a premier facility and resource for students studying at the university. Faculty from all over the world are hired to offer a broad and varied perspective in academic programs. The College of Professional Studies which houses the online nursing programs offers 67 degree programs online. Eleven percent of students are international and the college strives to provide a global education to all students in their field of study.
Online Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
The online bachelor’s degree in nursing focuses on health promotion and illness prevention in a community and health maintenance setting. Other topics that the course explores include bioethics, intercultural communication, and providing care to vulnerable populations. Benefits of completing a bachelor’s degree include increased career opportunities over nurses holding a diploma. A bachelor’s degree offer develops critical thinkers, leaders and skilled communicators in the nursing field. Advanced clinical and research experience are also advantages of earning a four year degree.
- Core courses in the nursing program include:
- Professional Transitions in Nursing
- Health Assessment across the Lifespan
- Introduction to Nursing Research
- Care-giving: Nurses with Vulnerable populations
- Managing and Leading in Healthcare
- Innovations in Nursing practice (capstone course)
Duration and Cost
The online program can be completed in 4 years (full-time) and 7 years (part-time). Estimated tuition for the program is $52,000.
Faculty at Northeastern University have industry experience in their field and most are certified to teach online. Half of online faculty are published authors, and have garnered over 5 million dollars in research grants.
Things to consider:
- Academic requirements for admission include Health Clearance, CPR Certification, Associate’s degree and a current RN license.
- A minimum of 65 credits must be earned at Northeastern University.
- Four opportunities to began the program each year.
Northeastern University’s online RN to BSN nursing program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
360 Huntington Ave.
Boston, Massachusetts 02115