CRNA Programs in Ohio
If you are a Registered Nurse with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing, becoming a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) may be for you. Most programs require at least one year’s experience in critical care, and each program has other specific requirements.
Table of Contents
CRNA Certification in Ohio
The candidate must have a current RN license in Ohio and must graduate from a CRNA program. They must then pass the certification examination administered by the Council of Nurse Anesthetists to be granted a certificate as a CRNA.
Ohio CRNA Registry
Ohio Board of Nursing
17 South High Street, Suite 400
Columbus, OH 43215
CRNA Jobs and Salary in Ohio
CRNAs are employed at hospitals throughout the state.
- Akron General Medical Center, Akron
- Bethesda North Hospital, Cincinnati
- Case Medical Center, Cleveland
- Grant Medical Center, Columbus
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) May 2020 data, the annual mean wage of nurse anesthetists in Ohio is $ 190,120.*
(Based on national data, not school-specific information. Conditions in your area may vary)
CRNA Programs in Ohio
There are seven CRNA programs in Ohio. Programs take about 28 months to complete.
1. Cleveland Clinic Foundation Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing, Case Western Reserve University, School of Nurse Anesthesia
9500 Euclid Avenue, E-31
Cleveland, OH 44195
Requirements include a BSN, RN license, GPA of 3.0 or higher, and satisfactory scores on GRE or MAT.
2. Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing, Program of Nurse Anesthesia, Case Western Reserve University
10900 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44106
Requirements include RN or BSN, licensure in Ohio, one to two years of experience in critical care, and satisfactory scores on the GRE or MAT.
3. Lourdes College, MSN Nurse Anesthesia Program
6832 Convent Boulevard
Sylvania, OH 43560
This CRNA program begins in August. Prerequisites are a Bachelor’s Degree, RN licensure in Ohio, two years of critical care experience, a 3.0 GPA, and a 1000 score on the GRE.
4. Otterbein University Grant Medical Center, Nurse Anesthesia Program
1 South Grove Street
Westerville, OH 43081
Requires for admission to the program are a BSN, a current license as an RN, at least one year’s experience in critical care, and a GPA of 3.0. There is no GRE requirement.
5. University of Akron Ohio College of Nursing, Graduate Anesthesia Program
209 Carroll Street
Akron, OH 44325
Requirements are a current Ohio license, one-year critical care experience, a GPA of 3.0, and a GRE score of 800.
6. University of Cincinnati College of Nursing, Master’s Program-Nurse Anesthesia Major
Procter Hall, 3110 Vine Street
P.O. Box 210038
Cincinnati, OH 45221
A BSN is required as well as an RN license and one year of critical care experience. A GPA of 4.0 and a GRE score of 1000 are also required.
7. St. Elizabeth Health Center School for Nurse Anesthetists, Inc.
1044 Belmont Avenue
Youngstown, OH 44504
Requirements are a BSN, RN license, one year of experience in critical care, a GPA of 3.0, and GRE scores.
*Source: https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes291151.htm#(2) date visited 25 March 2022